The Culinary Aide is responsible for providing food service to residents and guests under sanitary conditions and for providing assistance in all culinary functions as directed and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver food to residents in a timely manner
- Prepare foods where special dietary requirements are needed; puree, mechanical soft, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of meals and special events as needed
- Clean dishes and maintains a clean kitchen work space
- Prepare a sanitary bucket daily and change out as needed (at least every 4 hours).
- Log all food temperatures; lunch and dinner
- Log both fridge and freezer temperatures 3 times a day
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in food preparation preferred but not required
- Experience in health care setting preferred
- Must be compassionate and have a passion for serving seniors
- Ability to present food in an appealing fashion
- Strong communication skills
- Understanding of sanitation and infection control practices preferred
- Must be ServSafe certified
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively with all coworkers
- Must submit to all applicable pre-employment and annual tests per state and federal regulations
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work long hours and be expected to manage their time wisely. With that being said, employees must adapt to a fast paced environment and proficiently communicate where needed. All employees are required by law to take an hour lunch break when scheduled for more than 5 hours, 5 hours or less employees will take a 30 minute break. Employees are able to take two 15 minute breaks while clocked in as long as you take your required break accordingly, per company policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to agilely work on their feet and to independently complete all tasks. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, stooping, and crouching all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items 35 pounds or more.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Haciendas at Grace Village is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, age, arrest or conviction record or handicap, genetic or military status.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org